I specialize in presenting on higher education recruitment and admission strategy and how to implement and utilize social media/web 2.0 to
Check out my previous and upcoming presentations below. To schedule me for your upcoming webinar or conference and to learn more about social media in higher ed, please contact me.
When I spoke at the Stamats event in Tampa, I was excited that so many people in the audience were really tuned in to the notion of what social media could do for their higher education marketing. But who stole the show, in my eyes, was Brad J. Ward. His speech [The Recruitment Long Tail] was both passionate and value-driven. You could do something with his speech. And that lesson, adding value to the passion, is what I took away from that part of that event." - Chris Brogan
- Innovative Branding and Marketing for Higher Education, Feb. 23-25 in Singapore, Singapore. I'll be presenting on how to integrate social media into a recruitment strategy. [Details TBA]
- SXSW '09, March 13-17 in Austin, TX. I'll be co-presenting a Core Conversation panel with Dylan Wilbanks titled "The Web In Higher Education: What's Different?".
- SquaredPeg.com Webinar, 'The Recruitment Long Tail', Dec. 12, 2008.
- Innovative Educators Webinar, Using Social Media to Enhance Student Services, December 3rd at 1pm. [More Info]
- Stamats Integrated Marketing Conference, Nov. 5-8, 2008 in St. Petersburg, FL. I'll presented 'The Recruitment Long Tail'. [Slidecast] [Video]
- JR324 Guest Lecture, Butler University on November 4, 2008. I spoke on the book Groundswell and how it applies to social media recruiting at Butler.
[Slides] [Presentation Video]
- Innovative Educators Podcast, The topic was 'Web 2.0 in Higher Ed Recruitment' and was recorded on October 28, 2008. [Listen to Podcast].
- IACAC Fall Conference, October 28, 2008 in Indianapolis, IN. I co-presented 'Web 2.0 Recruiting and FERPA' with Tiffany and Jacqueline from Franklin College. [Conference Website]
- NACAC 2008, September 24-28, 2008 in Seattle, WA. I prepared a presentation for the Zinch.com team as a member of the Advisory Board. The presentation was titled 'How to Talk to the Suits', and it is not available for public viewing.
- MSPEOC Conference, August 4-6, 2008 in Great Falls, MT. I gave a keynote presentation to 19 colleges from Montana about integrating social media into their recruitment strategy. I also co-hosted a panel conversation on social media with Mark Greenfield. [Conference Website] [Slides] [Keynote Video]
- eduWeb Conference, July 21-24, 2008 in Atlantic City, NJ. I co-presented a 3hr workshop with Keynote speaker Mark Greenfield titled 'Join the Conversation: Social Media in Higher Education'. [Conference Website] [Slides]
- MBA632 Guest Lecture, Morehead State University on June 23, 2008. I spoke on productivity/collaboration tools on the web [Slides]
- Innovative Educators Conference, June 18-20, 2008 in Cincinnati, OH. I presented on student blogging and Google and co-hosted a panel conversation with Matt Herzberger, my BlogHighEd.org co-founder. [Conference Website] [Slides 1] [Slides 2]
- IACAC Spring Conference, April 16th, 2008. I spoke on a panel about online recruitment tools for college admissions. [Conference Website]
- UIS Chancellor's Cabinet, March 2007. I gave a presentation/live demo about various social media tools and how students communicate with them.
- Illinois State Resident Assistant Association, January 21, 2006. As the President I gave the welcome, annual keynote, and State of ISRAA address.
- Illinois State Resident Assistant Association, February 19, 2005 at SIU-Edwardsville. I gave a presentation on how to build community in a dorm wing and it received the 'Top Presentation Award' at the conference. [Slides]